Pull back the curtains on your home life and your work life. Do you see examples of dishonor, disregard, disrespect, hate, criticism, dislike, or disdain? Each of these adjectives are in direct opposition to the word reverence.
Good news! You and I have a guide to help us get back on track when we see any of these negative characteristics in our own lives. Remember Jesus is our Standard Bearer for living with compassion, respect, and reverence.
Watch today’s video featuring my friend, Mary Arana, to discover three practical steps for living with reverence.
Watch the video of week 4 Living with Reverence – 7 minutes
Jesus consistently demonstrated His admiration, adoration, awe, devotion, esteem, loyalty, respect, honor, and love by living with reverence toward God the Father.
Reverence is an attitude of the heart. When you and I struggle with reverence toward God the Father it is because we have not humbled ourselves toward Him. Reverence is replaced with rebellion as we become self-focused instead of God focused.
Consider your relationship with God the Father. Where do you need to replace rebellion and self-focus with reverence and God-focus? Go to Him in prayer and reverence and pour out your heart to Him. Thank God for who He is. Then ask your faithful heavenly Father to guide you in living with reverence and obedience toward Him.
Upward and onward,
- Week 4 Study Guide – JESUS THROUGH THE EYES OF MATTHEW: Living with Reverence begins on page 39
- Video introduction for Small Groups – Week 4 – 7m
- Order the Book Club Bible Study Workbook. A one-time investment used at each Book Club Bible Study and IRONMEN Bible Study
- About Mary Arana
- About Ginger Craddock
- About Book Club Bible Study
- Week 1-2 JESUS THROUGH THE EYES OF MATTHEW: Living with Compassion, Respect and Reverence