How do you deal with conflict? Conflict, accusations, strife, envy, discord, and persecution rose up from the outside and from the inside even in the midst of the exciting life giving actions of Jesus.
The people surrounding Jesus were messy like us. They missed the mark of God’s best but they each had opportunity to repent and begin again step-by-step. The loving patience of God is on full display for us to see how to resolve the conflicts in our midst between us and God, and between us and our “neighbor.”
Download the companion study guide EXTEND THE CONFLICT OR RESOLVE THE CONFLICT (begins on page 78.)
Peter and Judas both betrayed Jesus. One repented and began again step-by-step to live an abundant life. The other man condemned himself to death instead of choosing repentance and life. Look upward and pray the prayer of the psalmist, “Search me, O God, and know my heart; try me and know my anxious thoughts; and see if there be any hurtful way in me, and lead me in the everlasting way.”
Together let’s move onward in the power of the Holy Spirit as imitators of Jesus Christ, demonstrating behavior that resolves conflict. Jesus our Standard Bearer has led the way. Let’s follow Him!
Upward and onward,
- Week 8 Study Guide – EXTEND THE CONFLICT OR RESOLVE THE CONFLICT begins on page 78
- Video introduction for Small Groups – Week 8 – 14 minutes
- Order the Book Club Bible Study Workbook. A one-time investment used at each Book Club Bible Study and IRONMEN Bible Study
- About Ginger Craddock
- About Book Club Bible Study
- Week 1-2 JESUS THROUGH THE EYES OF MATTHEW: Living with Compassion, Respect and Reverence