Are you willing to fully trust God and say, “FATHER YOUR WILL, NOT MY WILL?”
This ideal that we see lived out by Jesus can seem unattainable for ordinary people like you and like me.
Good news! You and I have a guide and a helper. Jesus wants you to know, “The Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all that I said to you.”
Watch today’s video by our friend Leslie Morgan to discover practical steps for building trust in God the Father. (6 minutes)
Download the companion study guide FATHER YOUR WILL, NOT MY WILL (begins on page 48.)
Jesus demonstrated respect and reverence toward God the Father. His respect and reverence anchored His heart to the attitude of FATHER YOUR WILL, NOT MY WILL. Jesus fully trusted God the Father in every circumstance. Jesus’ belief and understanding of God the Father guided His behavior. Remember in each of our lives behavior follows belief.
Consider your relationships with God the Father and with others. Where do you need to replace your will with God’s will? Go to your Father in heaven in prayer and reverence and pour out your heart to Him. Thank God for who He is. Then ask your faithful heavenly Father to guide you in trusting Him fully.
Upward and onward,
- Week 5 Study Guide – FATHER YOUR WILL, NOT MY WILL begins on page 48
- Video introduction for Small Groups – Week 5 – 6 minutes
- Order the Book Club Bible Study Workbook. A one-time investment used at each Book Club Bible Study and IRONMEN Bible Study
- About Ginger Craddock
- About Book Club Bible Study
- Week 1-2 JESUS THROUGH THE EYES OF MATTHEW: Living with Compassion, Respect and Reverence